Have you ever thought about improving your team’s communication and performance? Allow me to introduce the Anytone AT-D868UV Dual Band DMR/Analog 144 & 480 MHz Radio; a reliable and durable radio built to last.
This Anytone AT-D868UV Review aims to present this model for both professional and amateur users.
Without a doubt, if you are looking for digital radio with professional features, This radio will offer you a cost-effective price point. Also, if you are recently getting into the radio experience, you will find the Anytone AT-D868UV the most convenient and easy to use option.
The Anytone AT-D868UV combines range, clarity, and power. Where your smartphone is no more than an expensive paperweight, It provides communication solutions at an affordable cost.
Anytone AT-D868UV GPS Version II Review
The most exceptional aspect of this radio is how practical and simple to use it is. For users with no previous experience using digital radios, adapting to quick and easy.
With the purchase of an Anytone AT-D868UV, you will also receive a dual-band antenna, a belt clip and an AC adapter. The performance of the digital radio and its high-quality features, such as the color display, are typically only found among more expensive radio models.
- Dual-band VHF/UHF coverage.
- High Power Output 6.0W, 4.0W, 2.5W, 1.0W
- Private Call from Contact List and Manual Dial
The few, small negative aspects of this digital radio don’t outweigh its assets. When adjusting the volume, the scale is quite difficult to set in the middle volumes. The sound output is too low to hear when you adjust it to the lowest end and perhaps a bit too loud at the higher end,
- The user may need to match software/firmware versions
- The Dual-Band antenna included presents a low power
- The feature names don’t match between Software and Hardware
Anytone AT-D868UV review is Designed for
This Review is a guide for professionals and amateurs
- Emergency Medical Services
- Construction Site Workers
- Search and Rescue Patrol
- Forestry Operators
- Fire Patrol
- Police Officers
- Stores and Malls Employees
- Event Planners
- Roadway Workers
- Logistic Coordinators
- Security Operators
Features Include of the Anytone AT-D868UV
- VHF/UHF Dual Band for simultaneously monitoring of two bands (U+U, V+V, V+U)
- Digital DMR and Analog modes on any channel.
- Built-in 2 Tone and 5 Tone Paging
- High Power Output 6.0W, 4.0W, 2.5W, 1.0W selectable TX power output.
- USB Programming Cable
- Free Software available for download
- 1.77-inch color TFT display for Night and Day use.
- Advanced features for Private Call from Contact List and Manual Dial
- Call Alert
- Remote Monitor of the sound activity near the target radio
- Check Radio feature to determine if another radio is active and powered on
This Review for amateurs and professionals will show you remarkable benefits. This is digital radio has a high capacity battery of 3100 mAh that brings you duration and autonomy. Good audio modulation quality is adjustable.
The Anytone AT-D868UV digital radio has replaced the Anytone AT-D868UV Version II GPS. The update is both fast and reliable. This has a simple zone change interface without the need to navigate a complicated menu. This digital radio offers fantastic value for the cost. Specially designed for amateurs, This comes fully programmed and ready to use straight out of the box.
Our Take: Why we Liked
This is a reliable and durable digital radio. The radio´s 3100 mAh lithium battery offers up to 35 hours of autonomous use. These assets make the AnyTone AT-D868UV ideal for professionals, especially among security and health operators.
This radio also contains a GPS receiver that works by displaying latitude, longitude, altitude, and speed on the screen. Its Check Radio feature allows users to determine the activity of other radios. Both of these features are critical to improving a team´s performance and safety.
This screen is clear and visible even in the bright sunshine, which is extremely important for outdoor workers such as roadway workers and searches and rescue patrols.
How to install the AnyTone AT-D868UV programming software
Follow these 4 simple steps:
- 1st, Download the latest AnyTone AT-D868UV programming software version
- 2nd, now Unzip the downloaded file
- 3rd, Right-click on the .exe install file
- 4th, Finally Connect AT-D868UV USB cable to the radio and PC
How to Update AnyTone AT-D868UV firmware
- 1. Download the AnyTone AT-D868UV latest Firmware.
- 2. Unzip your downloaded file
- 3. now, Turn the radio off
- 4. Hold down the PTT & top orange button & at the same time
- 5. Turn the radio on now
- 6. When the red LED blinks, release all the buttons
- 7. Connect the Anytone USB programming cable to your radio and computer
- 8. Run the “QX Code” Pro Update program file
- 9. “Click” Open Update File
- 10. Navigate through the firmware folder & locate the file 868UV_1G_VX.XX.spi.
- 11. “Click” Write to install the latest firmware
- 12. Restart the radio and set the date and time.
As a conclusion for this AnyTone AT-D868UV Review, this digital radio has definitively an incredible quality/price ratio. The interface and design are beginner-friendly while offering professional features typically reserved for more expensive radios. These Specs can easily compete with models made by the biggest names in the industry.
FAQs related to Anytone AT-D868UV
When you purchase the AnyTone AT-D868UV, you will receive digital radio, Manual, 3100 mAh Battery, Portable Dual-Band Antenna, Programming Cable, Charging Base, Charging Power Transformer, Belt Clip, and Lanyard.
Q-1: Do I need to update AnyTone AT-D868UV Firmware?
A: Generally, the updates aren’t needed. AnyTone radios are shipped with the latest firmware version installed. Only if your firmware version is earlier than 2.27, you must download and update the USB firmware.
Q-2: How do I back up my AnyTone AT-D868UV Codeplug?
A: You will need to use programming software to create a backup.
Q-3: If I already have a radio, can I move the programming to my AnyTone AT-D868UV?
A: Yes. You can transfer from your other radio (Motorola and Hytera excluded) to Codeplug by using NØGSG Contact Manager.
Q-4: What are the band limits of the AnyTone AT-D868UV?
A: VHF is 136-174 MHz, UHF is 400-480 MHz.
Q-5: What are the Transmit Power Levels of the AnyTone AT-D868UV?
A: VHF 7W (Turbo), 5W (High), 2.5W (Medium), and 1W (Low)
UHF 6W (Turbo), 5W (High), 2.5W (Medium), 1w(Low)