Since 1946, when the Japanese corporation Kenwood was founded, whose creation has had the objective of manufacturing Hi-Fi equipment, audio and video players, car sound systems, and radio equipment, giving with the creation of these a service for the International Telecommunications Union who has the purpose of intercommunication and self-construction by qualified and authorized persons who provide a service in radio technology only for personal pleasure without profit, that is, radio amateurs.
The equipment of this great corporation has been recognized for its high fidelity since the days of the tubes, with its frequency amplifiers of two adjustment knobs and two separate tuners.
The Japanese Bill Kasuga along with Yoichi Nakase and George Aratani, bet to introduce these teams in the United States of America and decided to create a name that sounded good and was attractive to the people of this region, they described the beginning of the Kenwood name as a combination from Kenmore White, where Ken means to BE in Japanese and Wood means wood this was compared to a durable material, just like Hollywood.
In its beginnings, the name of the company was TRIO, it was in 1981 when its recognition became greater and in 1986 it changed its name to Kenwood Corporation.
The first physical amplifier and FM tuner which had an integrated switching audio and video signal was introduced by the corporation in 1981, which to this day is seen as the forerunner of television systems used today.
Today Kenwood competes with other renowned manufacturers for their excellent work such as Sony, Pioneer, and others.
Today we will talk about How to connect the iPhone to the Kenwood car stereo? And you will see the versatility and comfort that is in this when you learn it.
Connecting the iPhone to the Kenwood car stereo.
The iOS application can be connected to the receiver either via a USB connection or via a Bluetooth connection (both connections use Apple’s iAP protocol).
Then read the following instructions very carefully and carefully in order to correctly connect to the car receiver.
For iOS BT connection:
- Make a Bluetooth pairing between the iOS device and the car receiver.
- After successful pairing, prepare the car receiver to connect to the remote app by going to the settings menu of your respective car receiver.
For LCD screen receivers:
- go to Settings.
- Select the remote application.
- Press the Select option.
- Select iOS and then press the Yes option.
For multimedia receivers:
- Go to settings
- Select Application Settings.
- in device type selection, select iPhone and then press change.
- Select Bluetooth and press Next.
- Select your mobile device and press OK.
- Wait for iPhone BT Source to be available on the car receiver and switch to iPhone BT source.
- Launch the remote application on the iOS device, then go to the select Menu then Connect screen to initiate a connection between the application and the receiver.
- Wait for more application instructions to appear on the screen.
- The application is now connected to the receiver and to the application, enter the source control mode.
- If you want to disconnect from the receiver, go to Menu then press Disconnect.
- If you want to reconnect the app to the receiving car, be sure to go back to the iPhone BT source.
For iOS USB connection:
- Connect your iOS device to the car receiver via the USB cable.
- Prepare the car receiver for later connection to the remote control.
Application to enter the configuration menu of your respective car receiver:
For LCD Screens:
- Enter Settings.
- Select the remote application.
- Press Select.
- Select iOS and then press YES
For Multimedia receivers:
- Go to settings.
- Select Application Settings.
- Once in device type selection, select iPhone and press change.
- Select USB 1- Wire and press Next.
- Select your mobile device and press ok.
- Wait for the iPhone USB source to be available on the car receiver and switch to the iPhone USB source.
- Launch the remote application on the iOS device, then go to Menu press connect to initiate a connection between the application and the receiver.
- Wait for further in-app instructions to appear on the screen.
- The application is now connected to the receiver and the application can enter the source control mode.
- If you want to disconnect from the receiver go to Menu and then press disconnect.
- If you want to reconnect the app to the receiving car, please note and make sure to return to the USB source of the iPhone.
Be aware of the following behaviors when operating the remote iOS app with the car receiver:
- When the remote application is connected to the car receiver via USB, entering the Bluetooth source will break the connection between the remote application and the car receiver, in this case, exit the Bluetooth source and reconnect the remote application. .
- As soon as the remote app is connected to the Car Receiver via Bluetooth, entering the USB / iPhoneUSB source will break the connection between the Remote App and the car receiver. In this case, exit the USB source and reconnect the remote application.
Importance and benefits
Today we all know that smartphones and radio are very efficient communication systems that have become vitally important to have a radio communication system at the right time in times of disasters and emergencies because they can operate even when other communication equipment could fail or collapse. Having them synchronized with each other could not be better as it increases the capacity for communication and information in our daily life as well as the entertainment that can never be lacking to release the stress of work and routine occupations.
In today’s world, there are very complex systems where it is vitally important to integrate different technologies and direct communications according to their audience and their relevance in society, these teams are generally used to coordinate the different police and military corporations as well as accessibility For medical emergencies, catastrophes, firefighters, public safety and many others that could be mentioned, today you have learned how to connect your iPhone to the Kenwood radio, this can be of much use to you more than just entertainment, we hope you can make the most of it.