The process is applicable to all of the Motorola radio models…
Motorola company has many different models of radio available for purchase. Some of them are pretty simple, and some have advanced features. Learning how to program one Motorola radio can be easy, yet an essential thing to do.
The simpler the design of the radio, the harder it is to program it properly. And, in this article, we will be showing you a way to program your own two-way Motorola radio in just a couple of minutes. Have in mind that this guide can be used on all of the Motorola radio models and that it is guaranteed to work.
So, let’s start this How to program a Motorola radio guide.
Steps to successfully programming a Motorola radio
So, today, you will be learning how to successfully program your two-way Motorola radio without the CPS.
We know that the manual of Motorola radios might be a bit too complicated and not easily understandable, but, you will see yourself that this process is not hard at all and that it will be done in just a few minutes.
We will begin with the steps in just a moment, but, first, take a look at your Motorola radio, and remember its LED light, it is now flashing a red light, right? Well, that’s a good thing.
- You will first need to enter the programming mode. And, in order to do so, your Motorola radio must be turned off, so, if it’s on, turn it off right away.
- The next thing that you will need to do is to hold the PTT button, as well as the side button one at the same time.
- While you hold these two buttons, turn on your Motorola radio. You will have to wait until that little red LED light has turned green, and until you hear a navigating voice coming from the radio’s speakers.
Now you have entered the programming mode. And, in this mode, you will have the ability to select which channel you are going to program. By default, you will be on channel one, which means that you are going to be programming channel one, you can change the channel if you want to program some other channel.
- And now, you will need to start the actual programming. In order to do so, you will have to press the PTT button. A voice coming from the radio will say that you are about to program the frequency of that channel.
- To program frequency, you will need to press the buttons One or Two in order to move through the frequency that is made for that channel. Change it up if you want to make it to some other channel number. If you do not want to change this, just leave it as channel one.
- In order to move on and enter the next programming section, you will need to press the PTT button again. You will be entering the CTCSS code programming mode. Your CTCSS code will probably be set to zero. By pressing the UP button, you will be changing the CTCSS code to One. In other words, your code will be at 67Hz. Press the PTT again in order to confirm that and move on with the programming.
- Now, if you want the channel that you are programming to be an auto-scan channel, you will need to confirm that by pressing the UP button. That function might be disabled if you are programming your radio for the first time, you do not have to enable it if you do not want to.
By pressing the PTT button again, you will be returning to the first section of programming- select channel one. Basically, you are able to program these three things that we already explained in the steps. If you wish to program another channel, simply move your Channel button to channel 2, or some other one, and repeat these steps.
Have in mind that there is no need to panic if you have made some sort of mistake while programming the channels. You can erase that mistake simply by turning your radio off and repeating all of these steps above.
Since you are still in the Programming mode, you will need to exit it once you are finished with the actual programming of the channels. In order to exit that mode, you will need to press and hold the PTT (push to talk) button until the green LED light has turned red. Now, you will have the ability to use your Motorola radio regularly.
And, that is pretty much the whole process!
Why is it important for you to learn how to program a Motorola radio
The main reason why you should definitely know how to program any 2-way Motorola radio is that you will not be able to use it if you don’t know that. Programming Motorola channels is, as you could have seen from the steps, a very easy thing to do. And, once you get in the hang of it, you will for sure be able to program all of the channels in just a couple of minutes.
Besides that, if you are using your Motorola radio, and you do not have access to your computer, this is the easiest way to program it. It will also save you a lot of time since programming a Motorola radio through a computer and cables is kind of a longer process.
Just remember these steps, and follow the navigation voice of your radio, and you will learn how to do it right away.
You May Also Like
Learning how to program a Motorola radio is very useful if you want to know how to handle this kind of radio. And, as we have mentioned at the beginning of this article, the model of the Motorola radio is not important; this process will work for all of them!
If there is a chance that you did not manage to do it yourself, ask for help from a friend, or take your radio to a person that has some experience with technology of this kind.
We do believe that you will be able to do this by yourself since it is very easy!
Thank you for joining us today and learning something new!