Updates are important…
In order to have the best experience with your Kenwood radio, you might have to update its software often. Kenwood releases new updates from time to time that generally improves the overall performance of the radio.
We believe that updates are super important if you want to stay up to date with all of the things that the Kenwood radio is able to give you. Do not worry if you do not know how to update your software, we can help you with that!
By following our step-by-step instructions in this how-to update Kenwood radio in this article, you will be able to update your radio’s software in no time. The process is super easy, and anyone can do it! So, let’s begin!
The process of updating the Kenwood radio
Before we start, you should know that you will need to have a USB flash drive and your computer. And also, you will need to check whether or not your Kenwood radio needs an update at all.
In order to do that, you will need to check the Firmware version of your radio.
- You can do that by first pressing the SRC and then the STANDBY buttons on your radio.
- Next press the MENU button in order to open up the menu mode
- After that, press the control know to display the menu item
- By pressing the control knob left or right, you will be able to see your firmware version on the screen.
Before you download and start installing the newest Kenwood radio software, you should always pay attention to these things:
- Make sure that your USB flash drive has at least 8GB of free space. There is a chance that the update will not be that big, and that a regular 4/2GB flash drive can be used, but, just in case, use a flash drive with a larger space.
- When you are using a digital audio player to perform an update, make sure that you have set the device to the MSD mode. If the device is not in that mode, the software cannot be updated.
- While updating software, make sure that your vehicle is in a safe parking place.
- Also, you will have to keep the engine running, just in case, the battery on the device runs out.
- It is for the best if you use a USB flash drive instead of a memory card.
So, if you do need a new version, and if there is an update available for your Kenwood radio, follow these easy steps below.
*Have in mind that this process that we are going to show you works for most of the Kenwood radio models.
- The first thing that you will need to do is to open up your browser on your computer. Any kind of browser will work, it does not matter if it’s Google Chrome, Firefox, or some other one.
- Go to the Kenwood official site, or just click HERE in order to open it up in the new tab. You are able to just Google the word Kenwood, and their website will pop up as one of the top results.
- After you have opened their website, find the Support button and click on it
- And, after that, click on Software and Firmware updates
- A new tab is going to show up on your screen. You will be able to see the little text box where you should enter the model name of your radio. And, click on the model name
- You will be able to see the Firmware update link after the results show up, click on that link too.
- Now, verify the model number, and scroll all the way down till the end of the page. You will be able to see the Agree button, click on it to start the download. If you are using Google Chrome, the download will show up at the bottom left corner of your screen. But, you can always search it up in your Downloads folder on your computer.
- Once the download has been finished, open up the ZIP folder. Since this is a ZIP folder, you will need to extract the files. Do that, and proceed to the next step
- Then, transfer those files to your USB flash drive and go to your car.
Now that you have all of the necessary files on your flash drive continue doing these steps below.
- Turn on your radio and insert your USB flash drive into it.
- A message that is alerting you that there is an updated version on your USB drive should show up on the screen of the radio. If it does not show up, just wait a while, or insert your USB flash drive again. The message will be asking you if the update should begin. Click on the Yes button to begin the data update.
- The updating process might take a while, approximately up to 10 minutes. So, be patient, and remember not to turn off the audio device. If you do, some data might be lost, and there is a chance that you might have to start the whole process all over again.
- When the receiver powers back on, agree with the message to complete your update.
And that is basically it, the whole process.
Why is it important to know how to update the Kenwood radio properly
New updates are frequently available to the users of Kenwood radios. It is important to stay up to date just so that you do not miss out on the awesome experience that you might have with this radio.
We are sure that the Kenwood company is always working hard on making their users happy, and that is why they keep making new updates for their radios.
If you do not know how to update your Kenwood radio, there is a chance that you will miss out on all of the features that would be available to you if you have had a newer version of the software, and we certainly do not want that to happen.
Watch More: How to Download KENWOOD DDX9704S software & Update Firmware. That would be the same for KENWOOD model DNX994S, DNX874S, DNX694S, DNX574S, DDX9904S, DDX6904S & DDX6704S.
Conclusion of the How to update Kenwood radio
We can say that updating your software really is important and that all owners of some Kenwood radio should for sure pay attention to that, and often check whether or not the new software is available.
We believe that this process is super easy and that everyone can do it, even a person that has no skills in this niche whatsoever. It will not take much of your time, and it will bring you a new, better version of the radio that you already own.
We hope that you were able to update your Kenwood radio by following our how-to update Kenwood radio steps.
1. Will this installation process work for all of the Kenwood radios?
Yes. As we have mentioned before, our step-by-step guide will be able to work on all of the Kenwood car stereos. You just have to make sure that you download the right software. So, be careful while visiting the Kenwood website, and, make sure you enter the right model of your radio in the search.