The Uniden MHS75 handheld two-way marine radio is the best marine radio on the market. Let us share on this page Uniden MHS75 Review.
This marine radio reflects the pinnacle of quality and functionality that the Uniden Corporation has been known for since 1966. The leader and world’s largest manufacturer of wireless communication, including cordless telephones, mobile radios, frequency scanners, televisions, satellite equipment, and marine electronics. The Uniden designers jam-packed this radio with a battalion of incredible features.
The Submersible handheld includes, in the box, a DC charger with rapid clip-on, online manuals in both English and French, and a rechargeable battery. Other various accessories are available at an affordable price to meet your individual needs.
Design and Features of the Uniden MHS75, review
Owners will be thrilled with this two-way radio. The submersible design makes it water-resistant to a depth of 1.5 meters below the surface and can withstand being submerged up to 30 minutes without damage. Engage the memory scan mode to save channels within the memory and process all their activity by rapidly switching the Depending on the situation; you can also choose your transmit power.
The transmitter power function enables the user to choose the Watt power desired. The power levels are 1 Watt, 2.5 Watts, or 5 Watts packed into this small handheld radio. With each increase in Wattage, the transmission distance exponentially increases.
The Lithium-ion battery level display and low battery alert are lifesavers. ough, channels. One feature that might be unfamiliar to some is called the Triple, Quad, and Dual Watch operation. This feature enables the user to monitor a total of three channels simultaneously in the following combination possibilities:
- (a) Two Coast Guard Distress channels and one weather channel;
- (b) Two Hailing channels and one weather channel; and
- (c) One Coast Guard Distress channel, one hailing channel, and one weather channel.
All United States, Canadian, and International frequencies can be accessed. The last major feature is the NOAA, or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, weather channel watch. This feature produces an alerting pitch when a hazard alert is issued. Together all of these features and functions are why the Uniden VHF Waterproof Two-Way Marine Radio (MHS75) is the best on the market.
Read more buyer reviews and buying tip at Amazon
The built-in parts include:
- a) Antenna;
- b) WX-Alert (Weather —alert) button which allows the user to monitor weather channels;
- c) Push to talk button;
- d) LCD Screen;
- e) 16/9-Tn (16/9-Triple watch) buttons. When the user presses the button, the radio chooses channel 16. The second press of the button changes the radio to channel 9. Press the button a 3rd time, and the cycle repeats;
- f) Mem (memory) button;
- g) Squelch knobs (Turn clockwise to decrease channel noise, this works fantastic) and the Volume-power (Turn clockwise to increase volume) is located at the top of the radio;
- h) Wrist strap anchor;
- i) UIC-Luck button;
- j) Channel up button;
- k) 1/5W-2.5W Button;
- l) Channel down button, and
- m) Speaker and microphone.